View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O Outdoor Play Structures, Yes or No?

I love out door play equipment and personally prefer the metal ones with some exceptions. Unless you are willing to pay $5,000 for your swing set and then spend time maintaining it (which I've known dh long enough to know he probably isn't) a wooden set just isn't going to last as long as a metal set. Most of the "cheaper" and I use that term loosely because $1,000 just doesn't seem cheap to me, wooden sets don't handle the weather well and don't last. I would rather spend $200-$300 on a nicer metal one personally. Of course what I really wanted was this http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Clubh...time+swing+set but it just wasn't in our budget and we were a little worried about how it would fit with the layout of our yard (we have a large shed which makes our yard layout a little odd). We are still looking at adding a Lifetime metal jungle gym and dh and FIL may or may not build a wooden fort for the kids. I know if dh and FIL do it it will be well made and built to last. We also won't have a ton of money invested in it.

I don't think outdoor playstructures look tacky at all, as long as they are not falling apart. I think they look like a child lives at your house and is allowed to play outside. Nothing at all tacky about that.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote