View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #1
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Crib in the bathtub?

With this new baby on the way I'm trying to figure out how to arrange things and give everyone a quiet space for sleep. Then it finally occurred to me - the bath tub! I can't take all the credit for this idea, there's a picture of my little brother in a crib in the tub in the '80s. Is there a safe way to have a crib in the bath tub?

I'd like to have a bassinet or co-sleeper with us in the master bedroom, but after 3-6 months move baby to their own crib in the attached bathroom. Then eventually have both kiddos share a room. We're out of bedrooms, and the master bathroom isn't used much. It also has the added advantage that it's nearly soundproof - the walls used to be exterior before the addition in the '70s. That room is as quiet as it gets! With our loud toddler and even louder pets (including parrots), there is no other quiet area.

We have a couple of other options, but nothing as quiet and private as that. DD1 was a huge sleeper and slept at least 21 hours a day as a newbie. At 17 months she's still 2-3 hours more than the average for her age. So a quiet napping environment is really important to me, and we wouldn't miss use of that bathroom anyways.

What am I missing? Is this realistic/safe? Is there such a thing as a full-size crib for the tub? It's a really small bathroom, and I don't think a crib would fit anywhere else in there without blocking the door.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote