Old 10-13-2012, 04:36 AM   #14
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: less then 2 months in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I work at an elementary school and I can assure you that it's not about using their cuteness. It's about funding because of the educational cuts. Our teachers are given $100 for the entire year for supplies, room decorations and field trips. Without fundraisers we would have nothing. And our kindergarten teachers alone [I'm in kindergarten], each spend well over $500-700 a year out of pocket. And many even pay for children's field trips when they can't afford them, buy them clothes, shoes, etc.

I understand about not liking them so much, but they really do help. And I proudly buy from my son who is a kindergartener this year, and my pre-school/VPK son at his day school to help out those teachers.
I am just complaining because I hate selling stuff- I understand completely. And I don't know too many people who use the kids' cuteness. Everyone I know sells the stuff not their kids. I just put a post on Facebook saying we were selling magazines for her school and let me know if someone wanted to order. Then sent grandma an email since she subscribes to about 10 mags, figured we could get her before she renewed then this year. Then dh and I both want 1 each. We should get enough to get the first level prize. That is my biggest problem with it- the guy (who is not school staff) got them all excited about the prizes. It didn't really occur to me that we might end up with more fund raisers because we chose the school, but as soon as we got the second one it hit me.