View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Toddler and Newborn, how long for the "adjustment phase"...

Hey everyone. I have a 19month old and a 2 week old. My toddler has turned into a demon ever since her sister was born. She whines non stop, hits and has even started biting. I'm tandem nursing and every time the baby wants to nurse, my toddler does as well. OK, fine, I get that. But she will hit her sister, push her, grab the boob out of her mouth etc etc. And whine. She just doesn't stop whining. Today I was nursing the baby, put her in the swing and grabbed the toddler to take a quick shower. I let the toddler entertain herself with pulling the bathroom cabinets apart. When I came out the baby had thrown up all over, i mean her and the swing was covered. So I grabbed her to give her a quick bath. When I was getting her dried and changed my toddler was pulling all of the clothes out of her dresser. I said "No, Mara, please leave the clothes in there" and she charged me and bit me, just happen to land right on my already sore nipple. I instinctually reached down and smacked her right in the face. I have NEVER hit her, and NEVER plan on hitting her. I couldn't believe it, neither could she. We both burst into tears. A combination of the whining all morning, the hitting and then that just got to me. How long does this "phase" last? Im going crazy, my sweet toddler is gone. I know she's wanting more attention from me but I literally give her all the attention thats possible. Even when Im nursing the newbie she is getting books read to her, a special show we sit and watch together, just playing or talking to eachother... I dont know what to do.
Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote