View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Re: WWYD (sensitive topic, bullying and more)

I'm sure I'll be in the minority but a few points to make:

You haven't determined which came first (but honestly, either way, I still don't think the coach is "bullying" your son). You seem to be assuming that the coach has been "bullying" your son which is therefore causing your son to bully others. Honestly, it sounds to me (as you've written it) that the coach was aware or even witnessed your sons horrific behavior during the school gettogether, and therefore is punishing your son by altering his position on the team, making him do extra physical work, etc. My DH grew up playing football and this was totally normal and AFAIK from others with older kids in sports, it still is. It's not bulling to take team members who are misbehaving or doing poorly in school and bench them or make them run laps, do extra wind sprints, pushups, etc.

Regarding being late, is it because he had detention? If so, then it's likely more punishment - as I mentioned above - for the behavior vs being "late." Sometimes lifes lessons are not learned the easy way, and if the coach isn't beating him then quite frankly, if my son had behaved as yours had, I'd let the coach work his little butt off every single day and no, I would not let him quit the team because he didn't like the punishment.
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote