View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #76
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

Re: What were your medical reasons for circumcising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut* View Post
I think that in areas where the circ rates are high doctors are probably less likely to wait it out and more likely to push circ for medical reasons. In other words, doctors will do it if it's medically beneficial versus medically necessary.
But how is circumcising a child who isn't yet retractable considered "medically beneficial?" If the foreskin doesn't retract (aka: it's still attached to the head of the penis) there's nothing in there that needs to be cleaned. Circumcising a boy who can't retract doesn't provide any benefits at all. They're just cutting it off because they think something is wrong when a child can't retract, when studies show that's totally normal development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut* View Post
I believe we don't cut off girls breasts, but remove foreskins because (right now, for the most part) we see the foreskin as expendable whereas breasts (we know) serves a very important function AND we find them appealing.
And this is the point I try to make most often when talking about circumcision. The foreskin is not expendable. It serves a very important function. I highly recommend googling "function of the foreskin" and doing some research. Not only does it offer protection, but it's role during s3x is rather interesting, IMO. It's not extra skin. It's there for a reason. And I think a whole generation of us have been duped into believing that it is just pointless extra skin. When you hear a pro-circ doctor talk about the pros and cons and circumcision, they NEVER mention what the foreskin does. And by doing that, we all assume it does nothing besides contribute to UTIs, cancer and STDs.

Last edited by DesertRat; 10-13-2012 at 04:17 PM.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote