Old 10-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #320
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ Oct. 8-Oct. 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by photocat View Post
You gals are funny with all the poas talk. I have never poas until af was late, before ttc this time round, it just never really occurred to me to do so. And the darn things are so expensive here, chemist or supermarket for about $20 for two, I think they are FRER.
And I get so nervous when I go to poa opk, I cannot imagine doing it every day several times a day for an hpt. I would be a complete wreck! If I was a poas addict, I'd have to hide it from dh for sure, he would never understand. 'Cos if they were cheap and readily available, I would be probably persuade myself to do it, nervous or not.

Even going to FF to enter my temp makes me slightly anxious, I just wanna see goodness, ya know? The perfect chart! But I need to remember no matter what numbers I enter on there, there is zero I can do to change things at this point in my cycle. Deep breath.....

So, my chart is showing a definite dip, down yesterday and down again today at 6 dpo.

Question: when your temp drops before af, how soon before af arrives does it drop? I'm on cd 20 and have been getting 26 day cycles of late, hoping for a longer cycle this time because I think I O'd later than usual. Or, maybe that is when I always O but because I haven't been charting, I wasn't aware of it.

Arghh, anxiety anyone? We are at about 14 months ttc and the clock is ticking!

Edit: chart link is the C at the end of the top line of my siggy.
Ask Kimmie to look at your chart for you....she's the bomb! It would seem to me that it's really early for you to be having a dip for AF. Wouldn't CD20 be super early for you? Maybe it's an implantation dip?? My fingers are crossed really tight for you, mama!

As far as the poas addiction, I think it could easily get out of control if I let it.....so I try not to let it. I was actually explaining this to my DH tonight. It has taken us longer this time around than with our other 3, which gives me a lot of time on my hands to dream about our next baby. I could either drive myself crazy obsessing about why I'm not pg yet, or I could take charge of my fertility and chart and check my cm & cervix position and use OPKs (although I have been testing with opks a bit excessively.....like 4 times a day! ) and I can at least feel like I'm making the most of this downtime I have between cycles. I feel like the information I am amassing could make a difference, and it might help me capture that eggie and get my baby! I think the fact that there are cheap outlets for getting opks and hpts (amazon & the coop) make it a lot easier and cost effective to kind of go overboard on the testing, but it helps the time pass more quickly and gives me something to be excited about (Eureka! A positive OPK!!!) and actually helps to keep me sane.

Everyone handles this journey differently. I'm really happy that I have a place where I can go and talk about all of this stuff.....most people irl would think I am super crazy to be obsessing over a 4th baby. My husband knows me and takes it all with a grain of salt.....if the pg tests were 2 for $20 though, I might have a lot more restrictions! Here's hoping you get some good news very soon!
and EXPECTING #4
geetabean is offline   Reply With Quote