View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:08 AM   #7
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: danner
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm not sure of the typical age. My daughter was likely atypical - she made a pun a month before she turned 3 (we used to set our newborn's bathtub into the bassinet and she called it a "bathinette") and she was singing songs and rhyming in her early 2s.

We encouraged her to play with letters by getting her the wooden magnets from M&D, multiple sets. She used to string seemingly random letters together to make "words." She was obsessed with cake so she learned that one. We sang a lot. She just turned 4 and she is recognizing words on paper; I'm not sure what reading is defined as so I hesitate to call it reading. But there are words she can spell and lately she has shown a great interest in writing certain words like hello, I love you grandma, happy Halloween, that kind of stuff, as I tell her the letters. I got her some Kumon tracing books when she was about 2.5 to help her get the dexterity to make her own letters.
Anyway, I thought it would be fun to know where your daughter will probably be in a few years. Have fun!