View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #171
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eguisgirl

I am not sure I took it personally (as in thought about it after I typed it out) but with all of the medical community bashing I read on DS, as an RN it is hard not to take some of these things personally. I believe I must live in a crunchier area of the US as I do not see most of what is claimed in these bashing MD/RN threads. In fact, I would say that the circ rate at our hospital is only about 30%- if that even.
I like to think of myself as a patient advocate and I am very big into patient safety. Therefore I like to give accurate, research based patient education so that they may make the best decisions for themselves. I do not push my views on others but if asked will absolutely share my story/opinions/beliefs. I truly believe that most of my co-workers do the same. I have a hard time believing that we are the only hospital in the entire US that works like this. (If we are, that is a sad state of affairs).
I live in a very high circ rate area. My friend just had her little boy in May. The nurses asked if she wanted him circ and she said no. They then said "oh thank God! We didnt want to say anything but we hate to see parents agree to circ.

They didnt want to say anything but didnt say anything till after they heard her views.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote