View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #329
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
Hmph...line was lighter on my Answer hpt this morning, so presumably this is a chemical. I didn't even bother w/ pics b/c I had to squint so bad IRL. Anyway, I've got my beta tomorrow; if it's negative, they'll tell me to stop the Crinone & I'll get AF w/in a day or two. If by chance it's positive, I'll go in Wednesday or Thursday for another draw. I don't feel any different & I'm bummed, trying to figure out what to do next...One more IUI? Give up after that? Try IVF? I dunno...it's tough to explain. Imagine if you were told you & your DH could DTD 6 times (not do it like bunnies for 6 cycles; you can go for it 6 times) & if you didn't get pg, you could give up or you could spend several thousand dollars on an unpleasant, invasive procedure that has, at best, about a 50% success rate; those are your only options...WWYD?
Ugh carrie! Im so angry for you! I dont know what i would do in that situation, if we were you and freya. Those odds are crushing, but ive heard adoption advocates say there is 100% success rate in adoption. And while i suppose that is true if you wait long enough and throw enough money at it i know for a lot of women its just not the same. Or i should say, a decision of adoption vs fertility treatments comes with some grieving period. Even then most hetero couples can still ntnp and hope for a miracle pregnancy. For you guys...that would REALLY be a miracle. And i dont know if this is true for you, but it might be nice to have bio babies that are half sibs to hold on to that sense of normalcy. Or that might not even be a consideration which is cool too.

If you did ivf do you have a vial of Es donor sperm left or could you not use that?