Old 10-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #176
ajane
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by keysersoze

ETA: not to hijack, but how do you handle situations where you know someone intends to circ, but haven't asked for your opinion? My brother and SIL are expecting their first son in a few weeks, and i'm pretty sure they're planning to circ. my wife asked me the other day if i was going to say anything to my brother, and I'm not sure about it. How do you handle that type of situation?
When my bro and sis in law were expecting a boy I had a feeling they were just going to circ. He is a dr. and she is a nurse. But, I felt like I had to let them know that they don't have to circ so casually one day when we were talking about the baby I said "well now that you are having a boy you get to figure out if you are going to circ or not." She let it go and that was all I said. I could tell she wasn't into hearing more about it.

When I was pregnant with DS my bro in law and sis in law (dh's bro) had a 5 year old intact son. She never asked or mentioned the choice between circ/non circ at all. I wish she had. Thankfully I found out there was a choice from being on here. I guess she has the attitude that a lot of people I noticed on this thread about "not my business". There are people who do appreciate learning and hearing about different ways.