View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #24
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by romansmommy

Thank you for sharing this point of view!!

I'm due in Dec and have struggled with my choice for a repeat c/s. DS1 was only 8lbs 7 oz but presented in the same way as your first and sunny-side up. After 36 hrs of labor and 3 hrs of pushing, he was born by c/s with finger marks all over his head from where my MW tried to manually turn him between contractions. This time around, I have GD and an umbilical hernia that NEEDS repaired and my OB feels like I have too many things stacked against me for a successful VBAC although she is willing to let me do a TOL. Unfortunately I am terrified of being another "failure" and going through that torture again only to end up in the OR so I've pretty much opted for the repeat c/s but still keep second guessing myself. I dealt with MAJOR guilt and shame after DSs delivery as I'm the only one in my family to not have an unmedicated natural birth and no one really understood the rough recovery I had. I think, for me, choosing a repeat c/s this time and having time to plan accordingly will at least let me feel somewhat in control of my birth and focus on a healthy baby and self regardless of the delivery method.

OP-best of luck!!! I hope you get the birth that you want and a healthy LO!
Making peace with our stories is such a difficult process. And especially more so when we compare ourselves to another. Even comparing the birth of one of your own children to the next. I think there is beauty and courage demonstrated in every birth, and sometimes it can take us years to see it for ourselves when we're holding ourselves to a certain standard (be in an unmedicated vaginal delivery or something else). ((hugs))

Every friend that I've had who has planned a cesarean delivery has shared that it was a very peaceful and gentle delivery and that their babies were alert and able to nurse in recovery. I wish you the best!
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote