Old 10-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #183
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you ever feel judged regarding not circumcising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post
None of the 4 times I was pregnant did any of the dr.'s or nurses EVER let me know that you didn't have to circ or give us the option. In fact at the birth classes we had to take with dd1 they never mentioned anything about non circ'ing or even what circ'ing is. In fact they sent around the consent forms and had all of us sign them even if we knew we were having a girl "just in case" it was a boy. Then it could be just taken care of and they wouldn't have to worry about the paperwork.
Wow! Totally not how we do things. Even when I had my oldest at a different hospital, they did not give me a hard time about not circ'ing him. That was almost 17 years ago! They also showed a VERY graphic video at our birthing classes of a little boy getting circumsized. It was pretty horrific but made its point very well showing step by steo exactly how it was done.

Once, in nursing school I watched one- cried and almost passed out. It looked soo painful and I knew from there on out I would never be able to participate or spectate this procedure again.