Old 10-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Acne during pregnancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3 View Post
Benzoyl Peroxide is level C at high doses I believe but your body only absorbs a small amount of what you put on your skin and then you're only using it on a part of your body. It's been used for years and years with no reports of adverse reactions. Some women use it not even thinking that skin care products can be a problem. You could use it only on individual spots or every other night to be more cautious. Also, Salicyclic acid at or below 2% is safe. It's Salicyclic acid that's in asprin that you ingest that is not recommended as it can thin the blood. I used Salicyclic acid face wash (left it on for several mins in the shower) daily and benzyol peroxide a couple times a week while pregnant. I did a lot of research on both of them. Shampoo is probably more dangerous when pregnant than these products.
Agreed; I think that the risks associated w/ most topical acne stuff is overblown; if I'm in that position, I'll probably use sulfur-based products b/c I've already had good luck w/ them & I believe they are the "safest". I've not had great luck with salicylic acid anyway, so avoiding it isn't any hardship to me...if it worked better for me, I might still use it on occasion.