View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #185
DesertRat
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you ever feel judged regarding not circumcising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
Wow I can't believe they show a video! If you can't watch it being done thats a clue that you might not want to make your baby actually go through the procedure. I love the ideals of the pnw.

Fwiw I agree there is a tin of bashing of the medical community here. Probably most of it is waranted. However, whenever I read those posts I always have in the back of my mind that there are some seriously awesome doctors and nurses out there. Its like any other profession. DS has a lot to say about the medical community and I think I would have a hard time participating if I was reading broad (and not good!) generalizations about my profession. So while a lot may be true it sucks for you so...i guess I'm sorry about that. Lol not sure where I am going with that other than I wanted to acknowledge that I dont think you are evil because you are a nurse!
I'm probably one who sounds like I am "bashing" the medical community. I know there are places and specific drs and nurses that are very informed, and I hate to lump everyone into the same group. Unfortunately, it's been my experience that most of the nurses or doctors who ever looked my sons during WC exams tried to retract them. Granted, that's a very small sampling of all U.S. doctors, but it's enough that it always puts me on edge when I take my boys to the doctor.

Then, you get people like Dr. Oz (who a lot of people believe represent the medical community as a whole) supporting circumcision. The AAP has to come back and get wishy washy on their circumcision stance. It irks me.

I don't think it's entirely unfair to say that, in general, the medical community is ignorant of the care and development of an intact penis and that it is biased towards circumcision.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote