View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Give me insight please: Former spouses and parenting

I'm the single mom, similar situation. My ex's wife and I really get along pretty well, but that doesn't mean we always see eye-to-eye. We have 50-50 so I don't do anything when I could have them. If they have to work late I'm the one going to pick them up and watch them at their house. I use a babysitter about once a year. But, if I was in your shoes these are the things I'd tell myself to stay sane

She may not be working but she is doing something she thinks is important, and it may be important to her mental health and happiness. She could be dating, shopping, running errands, getting massages...I have no idea but as long as she's not doing drugs I wouldn't care too much. Brewing beer isn't exactly the kind of hobby I would pick up so I don't understand giving up time with my kids for that.

Some things I have felt are that I am one parent and they are two but they are only willing to do the same amount of work I do. Now, I want my kids as much as possible but sometimes you need help. I think they make twice as much money as I do but they certainly never pay more than 1/2 of a bill, so sometimes I think they owe me or crap like that. Now, I get back to my rationale brain and realize that this is not the case but I can see how other single moms might get stuck in that mindset.