View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #11
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Acne during pregnancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I recommend adding witchhazel. Wash (with whatever you choose), tone with witchhazel, and then moisturize.

I had adult acne and discovered the healing properties of witchhazel in my 30's and it's been a lifesaver. Pregnancy hasn't been able to screw with my face and I generally blame that on the witchhazel as well.

ETA: I also discovered that I cannot use any products with salycilic acid in them. My skin erupts. So, I avoid that. Benzoyl peroxide is good, but there are several other active ingredients that you can find in cleansers. Most things seem to rely on SA though.
That's funny, witch hazel gave me cystic acne. Goes to show everyone's skin is different. I did find for me many moisturizers and foundations made me break out. You might want to try a mineral make-up and a moisturizer for sensitive skin. However, you don't want to try a bunch of new stuff at once cos then if your skin reacts you won't know what did it. Change one thing, wait 2 to 3 weeks before changing something else. I've also heard great things about the Oil cleansing method for acne.