View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #39
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola
DS's sister's adoptive family got medical as secondary. It sucked for them because their kids are all grown, and now they have to pay for a family plan for a really long time (she is only 4), when they would have been able to each be single at their work. They got no adoption stipend. However, there was no way they were willing to give her up, and the state knew it and took advantage.

We have an amazing attory, and we got $14 a day adoption stipend, and state medical, but DS has significant special needs, and is G-J fed. We told them that we could not afford to adopt him without state medical since we have an $8,000 deductible through DH's work (then eliminated PPOs, and only offer HSA high deductible plans). His medical supplies alone are almost $5,000 a month. That is before we start in on doctor/hospital/therapy bills.
I was wondering about this. I have heard you talk about a lawyer and wondered if it was to fight for a stipend. I am so glad you were able to get it!!! I think in WI we get the stipend after adoption if it is finalized after a certain age (2?) Bedside after that age the state considers it special needs. I think. Maybe that is medical? Any other WI mamas know?