Old 10-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #25
MN Mama to 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: less then 2 months in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I work at an elementary school and I can assure you that it's not about using their cuteness. It's about funding because of the educational cuts. Our teachers are given $100 for the entire year for supplies, room decorations and field trips. Without fundraisers we would have nothing. And our kindergarten teachers alone [I'm in kindergarten], each spend well over $500-700 a year out of pocket. And many even pay for children's field trips when they can't afford them, buy them clothes, shoes, etc.

I understand about not liking them so much, but they really do help. And I proudly buy from my son who is a kindergartener this year, and my pre-school/VPK son at his day school to help out those teachers.
I'm glad you posted this. In our school most of the money from the fundraisers goes to all the extra things not covered in the budget. There's always something in there we can use, and the kids ask close family members; no posting orders at work or selling door to door. It's never a huge order, but the kids are proud of the work they do to help the school.
MN Mama to 3 is offline   Reply With Quote