View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #24
babykp08
Registered Users
seller

Re: 3 under 3 and this mama is going insane

Oh Mama! I'm sorry you are going through this. I have written this same post many times, although mentally because I could never find the time to get online I have four kids four and under, so I understand. I think you've gotten some really solid advice. I agree that limiting your kids access to the house is key. I try to keep my kids in the same room as me or in my direct line of sight at all the time. Our house is fairly open so this is simple. Also, get everyone on the same nap schedule if you can. This will give you some time to decompress. I can't do this anymore because my four year old and I do homeschool while the little ones rest, but found it very helpful last year when I was drowning. I used the time to tackle messes around the house, start dinner, fold laundry etc. which left me feeling like I had actually accomplished something for the day. Another thing I find useful is to get down on the floor and play with the kids, pile everyone on the couch to read, or snuggle up together and watch a cartoon. Sometimes my kids drive me crazy because I'm not focusing on the blessings that they are and am constantly distracted by what "has to happen" to run a household. Reconnecting in a focused way, even for a short time, fills up everyones love tanks and I find them more apt to play independently or be less whiny for a little while. Best of Luck!