Thread: Adenoids
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #11
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Adenoids

We had our son's tonsils and adenoids removed when he was 2 because he had sleep apnea. We actually had no idea until our furnace broke in January, and we had him sleep in our bed to keep warm for a couple nights until we got it fixed. He repeatedly stopped breathing for what seemed like forever, then would wake up gasping for air. It was really scary, and it wasn't a risk I was willing to take. I was afraid he would stop breathing for too long and it would either hurt him or he would die in his sleep.

Then...when he was 5 we discovered he was deaf in one ear. They did an MRI on his head to look at the structure of his ear, and they suggested I have his adenoids removed b/c they were huge. I told them "Ummm...we already had them removed when he was 2..." Yep, they had grown back, just as big, and we had to have them removed again. It was the weirdest thing!

His behavior and attitude improved a TON after we had them removed b/c he was getting a full night of sleep, without the apnea.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.

Last edited by somo_chickenlady; 10-16-2012 at 05:11 PM.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote