View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #56
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Craziest "thrifty" meal you've ever made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyrebekah View Post
Well, do you want odd or pathetic? I can't say I have odd, but I have pathetic and once creative, off the cuff meal.

My most recent quick, thrifty meal was tomato basil soup and grilled cheese. My DH hates standard tomato soup, so I doctored it up with oregano, basil, pepper, garlic powder, onion, and a partial container of chunky tomato basil sauce. I tossed in some grated cheese we had left from a meal a couple of nights before. The tomato soup was given to me by my sister that volunteers for a food bank (they allow her to take food home) so that was free. I bake my own bread, so that made it even cheaper.

Now, for my most pathetic. One time we were super broke. I was down to bare bones pantry, basically just pasta and some random snack foods, with a few refrigerator staples. I made spaghetti with "garlic butter sauce"- basically melted the butter, added some spices, sprinkled on a little cheese. Not my finest moment, but it was better than nothing, right?
Thats not pathetic...its deliscious! And a traditional italian meatless meal to boot...Pasta aglio y olio! Some use evoo instead of butter..i do half and half.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote