View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #11
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Oct 15

Congrats on the little girl Trace! I'm glad to see that things are evening out a bit. And Heather, I'm happy that you've stuck to Team Green. There's a part of me that feels so weak for jumping ship.

QOTW - I would love to go back to Italy, but I would do it like I did the last time. Rent a villa in Tuscany (thanks mom & dad) and cars and try to make it as leisurely as possible. I think it might be more doable that way with kids.

Speaking of traveling, I just found out from my sister that my folks are planning a trip to France. Great, right?? Well, my mom has Alzheimer's (diagnosed about 3 yrs ago) and really struggles with traveling even domestically to visit her kids. We talked to my dad last year about the reality of intern'l traveling being out now do to mom's condition. But he's evidently asked my mom where she might want to go in Europe, she said France, and now they're going. THey are bringing my half-brother & his wife along, which is good that they'll be someone to help my mom go to the bathroom & such, but my sis and I are both so frustrated that he is still in such denial about my mom and what good and not good situations are for her. I'm sure that there will be some good times on the trip, but there will be more times where my mom get frustrated and scared and will want to go home. I guess there's only so much we can do and my dad needs to figure this out for himself.

AFM - not much here. I think I over did it on some mini cupcakes today and my stomach isn't happy. I'm on backup for another birth during the next few days, so hopefully it will go smoothly if I get called in.
Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

love2row is offline   Reply With Quote