View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 03:37 AM   #5
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How to stop using boob as a pacifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
Yeah. This.

The babies who use pacis are using them like breasts. Babies who comfort nurse are using breasts like.. well breasts. Your breasts were intended to provide comfort, security and nourishment.

Honestly I have no idea how to wean to a paci unless you are trying to wean entirely. Babies know what they want. A mama substitute is generally not desired by most babies.
I third this, both of my girls live on the boob. I recently was reading a book that referred to pacifiers as "mother replacers" and thought about it and decided I would rather just nurse my lo than replace my breast with a piece of plastic I know it can be rough, my youngest currently is like this (my older dd was for the first years and still nurses many times a day). I nurse her in the mei tai carrier and moby a lot that way I can still get things done. They do outgrow it though, they are only babies for such a short time, just try to enjoy this time