View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 06:26 AM   #138
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: RELATED sad UPDATE: It's attitudes like this that continue to perpetuate ignoranc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
I'm so glad that he found something that made him happy!

It's sad, but I do think that he's right. Other kids won't get it as well and may very well laugh at him. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'm pretty sure my little kids would-not to be mean, but because they wouldn't understand and would assume it was a joke. I think it might be an age thing, as I know my 10 yo would be the first to tell everyone not to laugh. My littles really became pretty gender fascinated around age 3 and it hasn't worn off yet. Part of it may just be because they are so close in age and that is one way they like to differentiate?

I love the Tink pjs. He can still express his inner Tink in a safe place until his peers grow up enough to understand.
I get that totally. And thank you for your honesty! The only thing that really really hurt me was the thought OF him being laughed at. You know how that is, no one wants to see their child hurt!
But I am so glad too that he's fine with his choice. And man is he rockin' that inner Tink!
He calls of his "girl" toys his "pretty things". And do you know that he has 2 special baskets from his toy shelf that are allowed to ONLY have pretty things! Like seriously if his brother accidentally puts a car in there when cleaning, Aaron somehow sniffs it out and takes, removes it and says "don't forget, this is for pretty things ONLY!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattayanna_mom View Post
Am I the only one sitting here wondering about the username "xtin?"

I thought it was Christin.
I know Jennifer and I are too! Come on Xtin, clue us in

Thank you ladies for all your input and support!