View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #7
megenic
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does anyone have an amazing cake/cupcake recipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwexMa View Post
megenic, I would LOVE that cheesecake w/ buttercream recipe!!!
I'll just share it here since I've had a couple of requests

Cupcake batter

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups water
2/3 cup oil
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tsp vanilla

Mix dry ingredients. Add wet. Mix until combined.

Filling

1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Blend with mixer until well mixed.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (I'm in Canada so you'll have to convert :-) Fill cups 2/3 full. Spoon 1 tbsp filling in the center of each. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until done. DO NOT overcook!! I take them out right at 20 minutes and they're perfect. I like to put them in a sealed tupperware container when they're still warm and let them cool in there so they retain all their moisture.

For the frosting, I start with basic buttercream, then add the melted white chocolate.

Buttercream frosting

1/2 cup butter, softened (I always use real butter....so yummy!)
1/2 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups icing sugar

Cream butter, shortening, and vanilla. Gradually add icing sugar, plus enough water to give it a somewhat thick consistency. At this point you can add the white chocolate if you want - I usually use about a cup. You can tint this icing. I pipe it on with a pastry bag and a big star tip, but you could spread it :-) This recipe can be doubled easily...just double everythign and add a bit more water.

FYI...this buttercream is also amazing if you add cocoa instead of white chocolate. I use 3/4 cup for the double recipe and it's the perfect chocolate buttercream!

Last edited by megenic; 10-17-2012 at 07:51 PM.
megenic is offline   Reply With Quote