View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 12:58 AM   #26
lilac0226
Registered Users

Re: 3 under 3 and this mama is going insane

I did not read all your posts but my heart goes out to you. I have a 6 year old son, 4 year old twin sons (22 months a part so I had 3 under 3 at one point) and now a 5 month old baby girl. I have lots of similar stories with my twins, dumping laundry powder and vinegar all over 3 loads of clean clothes. One of my favorite was about 2 years ago the twins got into a dozen eggs and were throwing them at the window inside and when their older brother tried to stop them they threw an egg at him. I was not home but my husband said our oldest came up to him with egg dripping off his head and told on them.

I hate the lack of sleep but I have to get them out of the house, usually my day goes better if I take them to a play place, children museum, park, on a walk. I have to break up the boredom because one of my twins is a terror, at almost 5 he still gets in to things and antagonizes.

Also a gym membership somewhere that has day care. I go to a really nice one that has a huge tube climbing thing and and activities for kids. Kids are allowed for up to 2 hours at a time while parents are in the gym. I do work-out but somedays I just go off and read a book, or sit in the hot-tube. It is just nice to have the option of getting a break anytime I want, plus my kids get warn out. I volunteer in the day care 4 hours a week to get a free membership, so in my case it is really worth it.

Good luck and take care, I feel your pain.
lilac0226 is offline   Reply With Quote