Thread: I'm stunned
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 06:13 AM   #1
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

I'm stunned

DH has fought pretty hard against many of the things I've done to be more thrifty. He misses paper towels, and tries to get me to buy Lysol wipes constantly. (which he uses for ridiculous things like wiping the floor around the toilet after spraying diapers, even after saying he would only use them to clean up when our two year old has poo accidents, which was my compromise) It seems the more I try, the more he pushes.

Well, I asked him TWICE how we were on TP. We already had to make a second trip to Costco because he failed to put coffee on the list, and both times I asked him if we needed it. I'm 33 weeks pregnant, so he's been bending into the cupboard to get it out for me lately. Then on Tuesday I happened to be the one to get it out, and saw we had four rolls left, including what was in my hand. I was annoyed. Called my mom and asked if she'd bring a couple rolls the next day to get us through until Nov 10 when we go to Costco again, then told everybody to not use too much. Well, that nice new roll was gone before bedtime last night, so barely over 24 hours.

Now for the stunning part. I came in to gripe to DH, and he said "well, I could use cloth wipes". Did I mention the one time I even brought up family cloth he was disgusted? He still is seriously grossed out by the kids and I using it for #2 since he sprays everything (kills my back), but I am finding myself wondering if I could get him to agree to this long term, at least for the "less messy" stuff.