View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #48
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Angry.. another "nursing in church" vent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
I have to agree with this. We are called to not make the weaker brother stumble. Obviously, this man is a weaker brother. Being a Christian is not about getting your own way, or shoving your point of view in someone's face. It's about grace and forgiveness, and sometimes, that means you might not be treated fairly. Jesus may have been breastfed, but I bet you anything it wasn't like the statues and paintings that are around these days. Women were second class dirt back then. I'm sure they had to hide away to nurse their babies. Also, as a man, Jesus was mistreated far more than any of us will ever be. And he did it for us.

In our church, we have an area just outside the sanctuary that has a bunch of comfy couches. There is a speaker there, so we can still hear the sermon. Not everyone uses this area, but it is there. And it isn't all secluded either. Anyone coming out of the sanctuary can walk right past it. But it provides a place to be comfortable while nursing. The toddlers often play there too, while the moms sit and listen.
This is how I feel.

She's not saying you're not allowed to bf. She's saying it causes her DH issues. Who knows, maybe he's recovering from a sex addiction, **** addiction, or was sexually abused as a child. YES, in the worldly view, it should be HIS issue to deal with, and leave the room or turn around if he's uncomfortable, but to treat him how God tell us to, i.e. not be a stumbling block to our brother. His sin is his sin, but how YOU deal with it is YOUR sin.

I do think I would say something to person A along the lines of, "I understand your husband and yourself are uncomfortable with my breastfeeding my baby. Next time you have an issue, I'd appreciate it if you brought it to my attention rather than talking about me behind my back so we can talk about it like adults and work out a solution that's acceptable to both of us."
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote