View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #157
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Re: Pregnancy After Loss (October 1-15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
I got this bean at 8w1d, so I vote to go ahead and try. Turn the volume up all the way and don't pay attention to the display, and leave the transducer in one spot and sort of "rock" it back and forth to make a "grid" over your pelvis to try to find the little hiding baby. But try not to be sad if you can't see it, since there are so many factors that could still hide it this early (anterior placenta, etc.). Hard to do with your history, I know, but if you've already been feeling something, then there's a good chance your placenta is NOT anterior and you might be able to get the HB.
I TOTALLY picked it up today! So faint, but holding strong in the 140s. Calmed me down SO much. All of my miscarriages that weren't chemicals involved baby dying long before I had symptoms of a miscarriage, so knowing that the heart is beating away brings some comfort (at least until I'm far enough along that the preterm labor stuff becomes an issue).

So excited today. Gonna try again this evening when DH is home to let him listen too And tomorrow morning I'm gonna make sure my iPhone is charged so I can take a video of it and send it to my BFF
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote