View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #12
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Talk to me about being Gluten free...

I really need to start meal planning! I keep meaning to, but never get around to it.
But, I will share a few meal ideas that my family seems to like:
A very big hit was a lasagna I made recently (I did use real dairy cheeses, and my son who is dairy sensitive got to eat it too )~I used DeBoles rice lasagna noodles, muir glen tomato basil sauce & ground beef, ricotta cheese, thinly sliced zucchini squash, L. kale (the dinosaur one) wash destemmed and cut into bite-sized pieces...layered it all in and covered with mozzarella. Put it in a 350 oven, covered for about an hour. Yum!! Serve with salad if you like. I served corn on the side.
We also loooove potato bar, taco night complete with guacamole, white bean turkey chili with gf cornbread, pot roast with potatoes and carrots and a side of broccoli, homemade chicken and rice soup (we like Kitchen Basics broth), collard greens with steamed carrots rice and black beans...um, I think I just made a meal plan for next week!
We eat a lot of basic whole foods, from scratch, not much processed. I find the hardest meals of the day to be breakfast and lunch!

Last edited by stephcrouse; 10-18-2012 at 08:05 PM.
stephcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote