Old 10-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #55
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Oct 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitcrunchy View Post
I know of only one script and that is for your partner which he reads while you are learning. You don't use any scripts during labor and train yourself that with every breath you get more relaxed.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
The client that I worked with who used Hypnobabies (and also the associated doula training that I went through) used scripts and cd's while you were learning, and then also used a set of for use during labor. The mama used most of the script on cd by herself while she was in early labor, and then we also had them playing on the cd player in the room. At some point those cd's got turned off & I took over - but really helping her more with the cue words when a surge was coming on and then when it was over.

I'm sure there are a lot of different methods on how you use this and I can only speak to my one experience.

lilbitcrunchy - did you maybe do Hypnobirthing insteat of Hypnobabies? The breathing aspect of it sounds more like the "birthing" method and I know that they don't use scripts during labor. It's just all so confusing.
Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

Last edited by love2row; 10-20-2012 at 09:26 PM.
love2row is offline   Reply With Quote