Old 10-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vent! and praise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCsMom View Post
Ugh. Every week night I go to bed at 11pm while my husband going to bed at 9:30. Even though I've posted a list of chores we need to do each night before bed, he just ignores it!

The daycare has been feeding DS all four bottles I send, even though I made clear the fourth bottle is only for emergencies (so he's getting 18 ounces while I'm gone...). They've also been completely unsnapping diapers before putting them on which means they're WAY too big and he's leaking like mad so they're changing his clothes 2-3 times a day (as if I didn't have enough laundry).

I'm only pumping 12 ounces a day (used to be close to 20...), so that combined with the overfeeding at daycare is really stressing me out and not making anything better. And work is so stressful right now - there's a major project I should be working on but I'm TOO TIRED!!

So I also want to give a shout out to all you work-out-of-home mammas - what we do is NOT EASY and usually no fun. You're all superstar moms in my book! I'm glad I have somewhere like here to vent and know that others understand and have been through the same. Assuming you even have time to read vent posts on DS.
I totally understand your frustration. We had to go to sized AIOs with velcro for daycare because anything with flaps, snaps, or sizing was to hard for them. Sounds like you had the same over feeding issue we had too. How we solved it, was to only send three bottles. Then we asked if we could put one bottle in the freezer (we used playtex dropins with the pumping attachment thingy and lid). If they used it they were to tell us and we'd bring another. That way it was really an effort for them to thaw it and it really did only get used in case of emergency. Good luck, I have no advice on the DH helping thing, mine usually stays up later than me and will throw in a load of laundry I didn't get to or put away the dishes if I was to tired. I can't imagine how mad I'd be if he didn't help.

All my cute NB & Small Summer Girly wool is for sale (Shy violet NB Capris and MM Winter Pear Skirty left: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1584097
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote