View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #614
sahmofthree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge October thread

It's definitely frustrating and tough to stick with it. Of course my absolute favorite all time foods are all bread products; pizza, pasta, etc. I struggle with it constantly, between just wanting to not have to feel deprived of my favorites, and wanting to be 20 lbs lighter again and feel better/not be in pain. I just can't seem to get to that point of being satisfied with the foods I need to eat, I always feel really deprived and sad that I can't have my favorites. I know there's a few ways around it, like spaghetti squash for a pasta stand-in, or cauliflower crust pizza, but they're just not the same. For now I'm just hoping to drop another 20 lb, then hopefully add in my favorites in moderation and stabilize at a healthy weight. I know 2 years ago when I was 20 lb lighter I was eating all my favorites and not gaining and not feeling this bad. So I guess I'm really hoping that if I can just get focused and drop the pounds and get back to that weight, maybe the fibro symptoms will stay away even if I add back in some of my fav foods. Might be wishful thinking, but I honestly don't think I can stick with it if I know I can't ever eat any of my fav foods ever again.