Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:
Re: Medela Lactina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcb1961 View Post
I'd check out other brands too. I got an Ameda hospital grade from ebay for under $300. You just have to keep stalking.

Isn't paying for breastpumps part of obamacare? I'd check into that further because I'm pretty sure you should get some reimbursement under that.
From what I understand, pumps are sort of covered. However, the catch (there's always a catch ) is that your insurance must be new as of Aug 1st, or the policy must have been renewed Aug 1. Neither is true for us and Tricare, so they are not covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith+2 View Post
I've owned a Lactina for about seven years and have been very happy with it. It's very sturdy- designed for lots of people to abuse it- and it holds up well. It's about the size and weight of a cinder block, so it's not terribly portable, but if it's going to stay in one place (mostly) it's a real workhorse.

I like being able to loan it out and resell it without worry. I could sell mine today for about what I bought it for seven years ago.
Thanks for your review! I think I'm going to go ahead and get it. I can get it for about 350 refurbed, which is close enough to the PISA that I think its worth it.

Any tips on what type of kit to get with it? I don't need a car charger or anything, I'm just going to park it next to my rocking chair and leave it there.