View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chemerical on Netflix

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli View Post
Thanks for updating with the results. I grew up in a home where my mom overloaded on chemicals and was always coughing and feeling sick (she's had cancer twice). When we moved, I gave up fabric softener and went for baking soda, vinegar, etc. My son, DH and I have seasonal allergies, as well as eczema, and the natural stuff really helps us in regards to that. We do run an air purifier though because we live in an older home that tends to get dusty (plus we're in the city).

I also loved watching "Vanishing of the Bees," "Berzynski," "Forks Over Knives," and "The Beautiful Truth."
Yes, Forks Over Knives and The Beautiful Truth are two others that I've watched recently, thanks for reminding me of the titles. One o the stats from the movie was that SAHMs get cancer 54% more than WOHMs because of the chemicals that they are constantly exposed to in their cleaning and household chores.

The only thig this movie missed was feminine hygiene products. They had a little blurb about a boy in the 50s who died from an overdose of dioxin from playing in runoff from a factory. I started screaming at the tv 'Those are found in disposable pads too!'
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote