View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Had to go to the ER yesterday

I have been having really bad MS since about week 6 and I have missed a lot of work over it. I keep telling my doctor and she keeps brushing me off. She did give me some zofran to shut me up but it didn't work. Anyways...I had to call in the last two days at work because I was spending hours upon hours on my bathroom floor and just could NOT function. Yesterday I was in the bathroom being sick as usual and I stared to get these horrible cramps. Like period cramps but way worse. When I tried to stand up I got really dizzy and I felt so weak. I stumbled over to the bed and grabbed my phone to call my doctor. She told me to go to the ER so that is what I did. Well, actually I went to urgent care because it is cheaper with my insurance. They told me that I am very dehydrated and that is most likely why i was having the cramps (the cramps were my biggest concern. I wasn't bleeding but I was still terrified I was going to miscarry) as well as my other symptoms. They gave me an IV and prescribed some phenergan and sent me home with strict instructions to go to the ER next time because they do not have the equiptment to monitor the baby at urgent care. So all is well, thank God. The cramping stopped once I got the IV fluids and the phenergen seems to at least take the edge off the nausea. I was able to wake up this morning and get ready for work and almos tmake it into work before I had to vomit. the ony issue is that it knocks me out so I can really only take it at night. I'm ten weeks now so hopefully this will end soon and I will not have to keep going back for IVs my whole pregnancy ugh.