View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #1
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Prayers - I'm scared for DH

So we're expecting our first in December, right around my 37th birthday. It took us years to conceive. We're looking forward to welcoming DS into the world. My pregnancy has been easy and completely trouble free! I just started a new job that will allow me to work part-time once the baby is here and is much closer to home.

But about a month ago my mom (age 70) started deteriorating (she's been pretty unhealthy for a long time) and after a long stay in multiple hospitals she's in a nursing home for rehab. She's not participating in her rehab and it looks like we're going to start the process to move her full-time into a nursing home. I have a meeting on this today with the skilled nursing facility. She was living in her own house with her 3 dogs and cats until this started and she just retired 1 1/2 years ago from teaching high school. I have 3 siblings, but for multiple reasons, most of this falls on me.

Yesterday, my DH found a lump on his neck/shoulder area. We're both nurse practitioners and to make a very long story short, it looks an awful lot like a lymph node indicative of Hodgkins Lymphoma (which I know is very treatable, but it still sucks.). He's had labs drawn, some of which will come back today. He's got an appointment with his primary care doc (who he's talked to on the phone about this in great detail already) to get set up with a surgeon for a removal and biopsy next week.

I'm not sure how much more I can handle. My husband is my partner in every way and I'm terrified. I usually call my mom to talk about things, but she's gotten very confused and it makes me so sad to talk to her. I don't want to talk about this to anyone we know, until we have a definite diagnosis, but I need prayers and support.

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote