View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
K12.com Homeschooling?

A lady I met recently from a local swap told me about how she was homeschooling her daughter, but going through K12.com. They ship free supplies to her (all textbooks, microscopes for biology class, etc.) and everything else is online including lesson plans and literature she can print.

This would be basically homeschooling for free, as you are technically being classified a 'student' of a local school. Apparently, you get a coach from a local school, and a 'HS diploma' from the local school (instead of saying you were home schooled).

While I like the perks of all of that, has anyone had experience with this? For parents that can't afford the high cost of homeschooling, I think it's nice. And I LOVE the public schools are encouraging home schooling, I think more kids need it, IF the parents are motivated and responsible enough to help their kids and work with them, and not throw them in front of a computer.

Any experience? Or have you heard anything about it?

Loving All Things: Homeschooling, Essential Oil, Homesteading, City Farming, Dave Ramsey, Minimalist, Simple Life, Attachment Parenting, Big Family, Gentle Parenting, Spiritualist w/ No Religion Affiliation, Outdoor Playing, Media Reducing, and Cloth Diapering.
MyKzooFamily is online now   Reply With Quote