View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
lanwenyi
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Leappad ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmommytobe View Post
For us it was about cost. Even the new mini iPad is $300+ and we got the leappad for $79 when we got it. We did buy some games but it came with a lot of stuff our kids love. This year ours will be getting iPod touch for Christmas but they are older now. I personally wouldn't spend that kind of money when they were young.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Yeah, I wouldnt get the ipad mini either b/c of the cost, but the Nexus 7 is only $199. For us, the cost differential is low b/c we would have to buy the cartridges for the leappad/innotab. My DD masters things too quickly and those cartridges are expensive. If one already has cartridges that will work for it, then I'd consider it.

FTR, we did not buy the touches for the kids. We got them for us (the first one came free with our iMac), but the kids ended up being the primary users b/c they are so simple to use and had so many FREE, educational apps. Despite multiple drops they have never broken. The newest ipod touch was purchased by my ILs for the kids. It was the first one bought for them. DH and I have smartphones now, so the touches are now exclusively for the kids.