View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #38
redlichen
Registered Users
seller

Re: Declined antibiotic for Group B & regretted it?

An excerpt found from the link left by doulamomma:

"Anyway, the first was my client. She was 41 weeks with her 3rd. Normal pregnancy. She called with the first sign of labor at 7:40 am and delivered at about 10:00 am. AROM about 5 min before delivery. The baby looked fine and I went home without a worry in the world about that babe.

At about 1:00 am ,the mom called, very worried. The baby was lethargic and difficult to rouse. I had her meet me at the hospital, and initially when I saw her, I felt like a dork, bringing a healthy baby in-- By this time she was awake. I didn't note any abnormalities in respirations, etc.etc, and the nurse didn't either. Then as we waited for the ped, she began to look bad. I don't remember all of the gory details of her symptoms, but I do remember that watching her go down was dramatic. She had some questionable symptoms by the time the ped came in, and her labs were bad. By that time, all you had to do was look at her to see she was in trouble. It took about 3 hours for the ped to decide to ship her. She was in NICU for 3 months, then back in and out for another few weeks with a strain of GBS that was resistant to any of the antibiotics they could come up with. She's fine, now.
redlichen is offline   Reply With Quote