View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #28
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homeschooling Check-In Part 3

Jen - They do teach it, but later in 1st. We are just about to do Ch on Monday, day 49 (I think) and Sh is coming too. They are getting the vowels down first and then move to the consonant blends. You are getting there. I think the /sn/ is blend, but they both make their own sound. So, they assume the child can put those together without specific instruction on how to do it. Zack never had an issue with those type of consonant blends, but I know your son struggles with blending. Things like /ch/ and /sh/ make a different sound than just putting the letter sounds together. So, those need to be actually taught. Hopefully, that makes sense.

Sorry for the short response. I've been wanting to answer Jen's question since she first posted it, but I just haven't been able to. Now, I'm supposed to be walking out the door. My husband is loading the kids in the car as I type. I'll answer the other about music and art and whatever else later.

BTW - We did a full day of school yesterday, Bible, phonics, reading, math, science. It was a great day.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 10-27-2012 at 08:30 AM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote