View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
mayliz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well, my experience having it removed was not normal. The doctor couldn't find the strings and had to perform a mini-surgery in his office, which meant getting injected with three needles down there and then using something he called a sound device, basically a long rod with a hook at the end to dilate the cervix. I was dizzy afterwards and he gave me four Advil. It hurt like hell, not gonna lie. I screamed so hard my husband heard me in the waiting room and then I pretty much said, let's not do this, leave it in there. I'm a wimp! Hahaha. It was a good thing my husband went with me because I was in quite a bit of pain and shaken. But I think I would've been able to drive after an hour or so. Here's the thing, it's NOT common for that to happen. A few women do need surgery to have it removed but if you normally check your strings and can find them, technically you could pull it out yourself (not recommending, that). Mine retracted way up into the uterus. Because my husband was there, the OB went ahead and got it out. But it was a close call. I was fine afterwards...well, removing the Mirena brought on all kinds of unpleasant side-effects, too, but that's another story.
mayliz is offline   Reply With Quote