View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
maeus
Registered Users
seller

Question Hurtful comments about family size...

I'm just curious if any of you have had family/close friends who have an opinion about how many children you have and/or when you have them and how you might deal with rude/hateful comments in a Christlike/positive manner. We want a large family, but there are people I love who have a strong opinion about how many kids we have and are not hesitant at all to say what they think or to gossip about us with other family members. It's really sad because every time we've added a child after our first, people would say hurtful things that I would NEVER want my kids to know. The latest comment when I mentioned having to buy a new house if we had another child was, "God forbid!" Hm. How do you let those things roll of your back when they come from people you love? Do you "warn" your family ahead of time that you are planning to have more children? Do you avoid telling them you are expecting to avoid hateful comments? My thought is to tell them with so much joy that they can't help but be happy, too, but some people are just plain nasty, so that may not work.
maeus is offline   Reply With Quote