View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #30
Jen's_4
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Homeschooling Check-In Part 3

foggierbard--Heather's right--I looked ahead in the TM and sure enough they do the blending. It's coming up in a few weeks. She's also right that my son has problems with blends, that's probably why we are having trouble with some of the words. He is doing fairly well with some of it--on a good day. Don't get me started on a bad day. Also about the glasses, I think it's a good idea to have a full eye exam if you haven't. But if it shows up 20/20, it may just be from being tired. It does put a different kind of strain on the eye when they start reading, and reading is hard work for their little brains. So it may be from wearing out, rather than a vision problem.

Tanya--Welcome!!

Heather--that totally makes sense. I just hadn't taken the time to think about it, I guess, and I hadn't looked ahead to see that they do the other ones later. Congrats on your full day!

AFM--I feel like dirt. I've been having sinus drainage. I feel fine, but over the weekend have lost my voice. But I sat out to do HSing this morning anyway, and I'll warn you...do not try to HS fairly young children when you can only whisper. It will not go well. I got frustrated at the kids after telling them 3 or 4 times to listen carefully because I don't want to have to repeat myself. I got frustrated while they were doing the reading lesson because they weren't paying attention. Basically I had a bad Mommy moment. I told them to go find something to do, and put their workbooks away. They were shocked, and went to Keegan's room to try to figure out the word "mule". It didn't exactly make me feel warm and fuzzy about myself. Hopefully I'll get my voice back and tomorrow's a new day--better luck then.

Last edited by Jen's_4; 10-29-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Jen's_4 is offline   Reply With Quote