View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 12:13 AM   #11
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: May 2011 Mamas Chat

Hi everyone!

Rachel - I was reading about how Toby is small and a picky eater. I think that it's hard to really judge where children are at until they're at least 18m-2Y. And even then they're all their own being.

For example, Max was an early mover. Early roller, crawler, scooter, etc. Then he pulled up and cruised. And kept cruising. And it wasn't until 14-15m that he started trying steps. A little girl in one of his baby classes walked before 12m.

On the other side of that, Max has maybe 3 words. Mama, Dada, and Lola (the dog.) He says arf and chirp but that's about it. He consistently uses the word "Da!" for everything and anything.

Sizewise, I think if they're the same as they've always been, that's just who they are. Max has always been long and lean. Still is at about 10% weight, 90% height. My husband's cousin has two babies - the first was like Max, long and lean. Her second is a huge chunk. They are opposites.

That's all I really have to add. Have you considered any food sensitivities being the cause of low weight? We just switched to a mostly vegan diet and put Max on hemp milk. I'm curious if it will affect him at all. Like you I walk the line between worried and letting it go when it comes to food stuff. I try and just figure he'll eat what he wants when he's hungry. I have found that he enjoys food with flavor a lot more than "kid" foods. Although today he put away a ton at lunch. You can always cook his food with more oil, etc!

Good to hear from you!
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote