Re: Would you try for another VBAC if...
I am getting ready for my 2nd c-section (36 weeks!), this one will be scheduled. Like you, I had a failed induction with my first (got stuck at 3cm and was like that for 16 hours). I struggled with trying for a VBAC but I have had a lot of complications with this pregnancy (GD, high blood pressure, bed rest, high amniotic fluid) and I just don't want to risk anything.
I think you will find a scheduled c-section to provide much more stability, greater peace, and will lead you feeling in control of the situation. At least that is what I am hoping.
I also agree with seeking therapy for PTSD. Someone mentioned EMDR and cognitive behavioral therapy. I use these both with great success in my practice, especially with Veterans. Regardless of what you choose, I hope this pregnancy goes smoothly for you and that you are able to find peace with whatever decision you choose!