View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 11:14 PM   #10
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggle
The thing is, my family is very supportive of CDing, breastfeeding, and natural childbirth, but I still get crap about plenty of other stuff. My mother INSISTS that it is stupid to get anything in newborn sizes. I had a bunch of newborn stuff given to me, I actually didn't buy any of it. But my mother insists it is a waste and I should get rid of it all, since all of her babies were 8+ pounds. She really doesn't believe babies come any smaller. My husband and his brother were well less than 6 pounds, full-term. My hubby is a small guy. I'm shortish and my weight is normal. My mother was morbidly obese and had untreated gestational diabetes - we might have all been much smaller than 8 pounds if it weren't for that. So, it isn't outside of the realm of possibility that I will have a 6 or 7 pounder. Mom was actually pissy when I told her that DS measured at the 30th percentile on my ultrasound! So, if it isn't CDing, it's something else for people to give you crap about!
I was 9 lbs something and so was my brother and my mom smoked with both of us (hey it was the early 70's). DH was 7lbs. My DD was 6 lbs at 41+3 weeks.

Pretty much any time I get unsolicited advice I disagree with, I smile and nod and
change the subject.

Keep all the disposables you get, you can return them to a place like walmart w/o a receipt and get something you like. Or if that bothers you donate to a womens shelter.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote