View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
We all have those days. My mom is always telling me to be grateful for the one i have and quit worrying about more. Makes me want to to her! But I know she means well. People try to make you feel better but they really don't get the longing in your heart for one more. I keep finding myself looking at adoption website because I"m feeling hopeless and I just want another child. I found a child on rainbowkids today that I so want to request more info on. But she's in china so because of dh's health we aren't eligible. Not that we've even begun the process of being ready to adopt.
I love rainbow kids!! I have requested info before but they take a long time to reply just fyi. I have ten adopted siblings and I loved it growing up all the diversity.... we would love to add more to our family via adoption but hubby REALLY wants another bio baby some day. I would love to adopt a little girl from Korea but it's almost impossible now... or China... it is actually a desire of my heart for the future!!! Our son was a "surprise" adoption... he is ethiopian but he was adopted by another US couple who abused him so we ended up getting him from the hospital completely un-planned but he fits perfect in our home and we adore him. He is just the sweetest thing in the whole wide world!!!! I will say though from personal experience... adopting an older child (our son was 4 when we got him) is def different than having a baby. THe bonding process is different and you really have to put effort into the little things that seem to come a bit more naturally with a baby. IMO. any way.

I am so sorry though that some in your life don't understand the need for another. It's not something you can really explain or make go away. I have one bio-baby and I am so in love with her I can't even contain it... but the desire for another is overwhelming at times and just because I have my two kiddos does mean it just disappears. Really hoping that things start to look up this next year.
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote