Old 10-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #11
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
We all have those days. My mom is always telling me to be grateful for the one i have and quit worrying about more. Makes me want to to her! But I know she means well. People try to make you feel better but they really don't get the longing in your heart for one more. I keep finding myself looking at adoption website because I"m feeling hopeless and I just want another child. I found a child on rainbowkids today that I so want to request more info on. But she's in china so because of dh's health we aren't eligible. Not that we've even begun the process of being ready to adopt.
I love rainbow kids!! I have requested info before but they take a long time to reply just fyi. I have ten adopted siblings and I loved it growing up all the diversity.... we would love to add more to our family via adoption but hubby REALLY wants another bio baby some day. I would love to adopt a little girl from Korea but it's almost impossible now... or China... it is actually a desire of my heart for the future!!! Our son was a "surprise" adoption... he is ethiopian but he was adopted by another US couple who abused him so we ended up getting him from the hospital completely un-planned but he fits perfect in our home and we adore him. He is just the sweetest thing in the whole wide world!!!! I will say though from personal experience... adopting an older child (our son was 4 when we got him) is def different than having a baby. THe bonding process is different and you really have to put effort into the little things that seem to come a bit more naturally with a baby. IMO. any way.

I am so sorry though that some in your life don't understand the need for another. It's not something you can really explain or make go away. I have one bio-baby and I am so in love with her I can't even contain it... but the desire for another is overwhelming at times and just because I have my two kiddos does mean it just disappears. Really hoping that things start to look up this next year.
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote