slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingrid5699 View Post
Rebecca good luck with the FET today!

Robin-sorry about the down day. I've had plenty of those during all my years battling IF and people around don't make it better. (like my ILs who pretty much told us we were crazy to consider a 3rd and reacted like the m/c in February was a blessing).

Laurel-not sure what exactly those results mean but FWIW I've been on steroids, extra Folic acid, baby aspirin and heparin shots for all my pregnancies and it's a 'could help-won't hurt' kinda thing. (LOL okay the heparin shots DO hurt but only me not the baby!)

AFM-10w now and gaining some confidence. The perinatologist I'm seeing said he expects this to be a take home baby. We saw a happily bouncing bean on Tuesday's u/s-complete with arm and leg movements. And yes-I cried!
So happy for you!! I hope this is your take home baby too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalakiwi7 View Post
I love rainbow kids!! I have requested info before but they take a long time to reply just fyi. I have ten adopted siblings and I loved it growing up all the diversity.... we would love to add more to our family via adoption but hubby REALLY wants another bio baby some day. I would love to adopt a little girl from Korea but it's almost impossible now... or China... it is actually a desire of my heart for the future!!! Our son was a "surprise" adoption... he is ethiopian but he was adopted by another US couple who abused him so we ended up getting him from the hospital completely un-planned but he fits perfect in our home and we adore him. He is just the sweetest thing in the whole wide world!!!! I will say though from personal experience... adopting an older child (our son was 4 when we got him) is def different than having a baby. THe bonding process is different and you really have to put effort into the little things that seem to come a bit more naturally with a baby. IMO. any way.

I am so sorry though that some in your life don't understand the need for another. It's not something you can really explain or make go away. I have one bio-baby and I am so in love with her I can't even contain it... but the desire for another is overwhelming at times and just because I have my two kiddos does mean it just disappears. Really hoping that things start to look up this next year.
Pretty much, that sums up my thoughts. IDK, dh is totally open to adoption, it's me that keeps having reservations. I really feel drawn to international adoption and I"m not sure why, which means it most likely would be an older child. But we can only afford one or the other (adoption or IF treatments) not both. I feel more strongly that I want one more bio kid than anything so that's the route we're heading for now. We'll see how the next few years go.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote